6 Tips on How to Surround Yourself with Positive People
One of the best ways to achieve your goals is to surround yourself with positive people. The energy these people have never seems to let them down, and they are achieving the great goals in life that they desire and dream about. They are able to bounce back after any setback and keep moving forward with a happy heart and positive mindset.
Positive people can help you stay on track and energize you toward your own goals. Many times these successful people share the same goals you have and are happy to pass on their wisdom and their techniques.
So how do you find these positive, like-minded people?
Here are 6 tips to help you find them, network with them, become friends with them and glean valuable information and advice:
- Smile. Although it may sound silly, smiling puts forth an image that instantly draws people towards you, especially other positive people. Having and showcasing a good perspective of life’s ups and downs makes other people want to be around you.
Positivism is often a difficult frame of mind to sustain all the time, and therefore, people are always looking for a way to be more optimistic.
• Staying positive is the building block of achieving your successes, as its opposite is futile. Smile and you’ll attract other positive people!
2. Communicate Positively. Although we all have rough days when nothing seems to be going right, the last thing you want to do is complain and whine. No one likes a complainer, right?
For example, if someone were to ask you in a friendly manner, “how are you today?” don’t shoot back that “life stinks” or that you’re just “alive” or something to that effect. Instead, take a moment – and a breath – and then reply with optimism, even if you’re having a tough day. After all, positive people don’t waste their time or energy on complainers or negative people. The energy automatically shifts when we respond with something more positive.
• Even if you’re not feeling all that positive, by remaining optimistic in your outlook you’ll still attract positive people to you.
3. Think Positively. Keeping a level head on your trek toward success is one key to obtaining your objectives. Thinking positively – even through disappointment – will enable you to find the good in every situation and attract the positive people who share this vision.
• Even if you don’t really subscribe to these positive thoughts at first, or you find positive thinking difficult, sooner or later making yourself think positively will create a pattern of positive thoughts in your brain.
We’ve all got energy within us and we have the choice to use it constructively or destructively. If you want to attract positive people to network, then you’ll notice they try to be upbeat and optimistic, even during difficult times.
4. Act Positively. It isn’t enough to smile, communicate, and think positively when pursuing your goal. You must also put forth actions to substantiate this positivism.
For example, perhaps you thought you could get a promotion in the past but then sat idly by while someone else snatched it up. This time, transform those positive thoughts into action!
• Showing your boss and employees that you are proactive and positive will set you up for more success. Being positive around your friends not only helps you but it also helps your friends stay in a positive mindset. You lift each other up.
5. Reach Out. Lastly, reach out to people at your work, in your circle of friends, or even to people on the street who seem to exemplify positivism. Ask them what it is that makes them continue to be positive and reach their objectives. You might be pleasantly surprised by their answers.
• Seeking out positive people will not only give you valuable information to help you reach your goals, but you will also become a successful person with your own network of positive friends and role models.
6. Let Go of the Negative People in Your Life. If you are hanging on to the negative people in your life, you will continue to attract them to you. While it may be difficult to break up with some of these people in your life like friends and family, you can certainly limit your time with them and set up better boundaries.
- Your happiness is controlled by you, not them. So if they are dragging you down, it’s time to let them go.
Being positive and exemplifying positivism attracts others. After all, like attracts like.
It all takes practice. Be gentle with yourself when you find yourself in a negative place and then choose a different mood to shift you out of it.
People enjoy being around others with similar attitudes and, by maintaining a positive mindset, you’ll surely lead yourself to those successful, kind and compassionate people you seek.
Articles of Interest: 6 Ways to Make Positive Change in Your Life
5 Tips to Increase Positivity in Your Life
If you are struggling with staying positive and want to learn how to set up healthy boundaries with people, you can find help from the coaching services of the creator of this website, Heidi Dellaire. She is a Heart Space & Relational Life Coach specializing in building your confidence and can help you with your low self-worth and low self-esteem. Click the link to find out more about her Heart Space Sessions.
© Love Wide Open