5 Ways to Find Meaning In Your Life
What is the meaning of life? Now that is a question people have been asking since the beginning of time and an answer that likely won’t be present in this lifetime. Now, what’s the meaning of your Life is a different question? The answer is not a single response as you might expect, but rather it depends on you. You make your own meaning in life. You decide. What is your Life Purpose? You might be thinking, “how do I find meaning in my life?”
Here are a few tips that we hope will help you find meaning or the direction you are seeking.
- Practice Gratitude – this is one that has come up in so many of our articles over the past year. This advice can help in so many areas of your Life from dealing with depression and anxiety to finding meaning in your life. When you take the time to truly feel the emotion of gratitude, you find meaning in the gifts you have already been given. You find meaning in your Life and give thanks for it.
- Enjoy your Life – we are so concentrated on what needs to be done sometimes that we forget to stop and smell the roses (sorry for the cliche, but it’s true!). Many of us tend to focus on the things we should be doing, work, laundry, chores, and picking up, etc. that we forget to enjoy the time we have. Every moment is a gift and you decide how that gift is used. You can use it being stressed out by housework, or by thinking in the past or worrying about the future, or you can use it spending time with loved ones or doing something that you enjoy.
- Live for yourself instead of for others all the time – at some point, you must ask yourself, what is it that makes you happy? There are two types of expectations, your own and others. It can be difficult to distinguish between the two, especially if you have been living by another doctrine for too long. Ask yourself, what is it that’s going to make you happy? You don’t have to be a professional musician to play music. You don’t have to be a novelist to write. Put aside the expectations of others (and yourself) and enjoy your Life doing what makes you happy, not for purposes of success, but for Love. Do it for love.
- Uplift Others – one of the most effective ways to experience true happiness and meaning in life is to love others. Aristotle once said that “Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love.” When you are driven by a unique purpose to help others, the universe rewards you by adding significant meaning to your Life.
- Shed your worldly afflictions– when you can overcome your worldly afflictions you become closer to the source where joy is derived. What is meant by worldly afflictions? Anything in the physical realm that is holding you back or causing you pain. For example, addiction would fall under this category. Also unhealthy relationships or harsh work environments. Once you begin working towards this goal, you will begin to find clarity and purpose in your life.
There are many ways to find meaning and purpose in your life, but this is certainly a good place to start. Finding life meaning is an obtainable ideal regardless of how it may seem. Keep your sight on what’s important in life and let go of the negative energies that are holding you captive in a place where spiritual growth cannot happen. Free the soul. Free the heart space. Finding meaning in your life is more simple than it seems.
Related Articles: How to Know When It’s Time to Make a Significant Change
Hot Topic Article: 5 Ways to Tell if You’ve Met Your Soulmate
©Love Wide Open